Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Superstition Mountain

The great Superstition Mountain.  MY mountain!  It takes my breath away.  Our house is on the other side of this mountain, which looks entirely different.  Someday I'll post our view picture.  


So we were moseying (is that a word?) along one afternoon on the Apache Trail.  We decided to stop at the Mammoth Saloon in Goldfield Ghost Town for a couple adult beverages.  As we were sitting out on the back deck enjoying our drinks, some cowboys rode up and dismounted, tied their horses and came up on the deck for lunch.  I thought it made a great picture and have gone back there many times to get more captures.  It's a great place for lunch.  The food is mediocre, at best, the service is non-existent but my God, the views make up for it.  Just have lots of time and relax and enjoy the view if you go there.



Horses "Parked" on Superstition Mountain


Whenever we go there, I get to be Dale Evans and Dick gets to be Roy.

1 comment: