Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mission Doors - Tucson

While it was a lovely day to go shooting, I'm afraid I spent my time indoors cleaning and entertaining visitors.  So off I go to my ever present Arizona files. 


 These are the doors to the "White Dove of the Desert", the San Xavier del Bac Mission, outside Tucson.  I played around with them in photoshop a little to accentuate the beautiful plaster work.
The mission is on the Papago (now called the Tohono O'odham) Indian reservation in the Sonoran Desert.  It was built in 1783 with a 7,000 pesos loan and is a Catholic church founded by a Jesuit priest, Father Eusebio Francisco Kino.  It has recently been renovated and is definitely worth the drive off the main road to visit it.  






I love shooting architectural scenes, so you'll see lots of doors, window and other little  architectural details on this page.  


No comments:

Post a Comment