Saturday, May 29, 2010

CLASS PHOTOS...

Well,  seems I've been away for awhile again.  I've been busy with my new classes.  there have been many challenges to overcome, but I've learned a great deal.  I'm am going to post some entries from my latest class...Developing Your Creative Edge with Carol Leigh.  Carol is a great teacher with many great ideas for getting the creative juices running.  This class has been all about seeing and translating what I see.
So here are some entries for the class.


WINDOWS, WALLS DOORS AND THE OCCASIONAL ROOF...


This photo counts as a double header...it's both a window and a wall.  The picture is painted on a piece of plywood in the Trompe L'oell (fool the eye) manner.  There are actually 4 paintings in this group.  The wall is about 30 feet long.  But I especially likes this picture.  They were painted about 10 years ago and are starting to show some wear  now.    The wall is crumbling.  it's a shame because it was a nice neighborhood addition.  




This one took me all the way to Avondale, PA to the VaLa Winery.  It was a hard job, but someone had to do it.  Another wall.  Not doing too well finding windows or doors.  But I liked the texture of the rock and the mica shining through it.  The fact that the sign announced that you were in the Tasting Room was a "good thing", as Martha would say.  We were there for the photographic angle, but the tasting part was pretty good, too.



Ahhhh, yes...the occasional roof!
So we went to Media to get some doors, windows and walls, but only found the occasional roof!  Such a quaint old town, but everything in it was modernized.  No rusty old hardware, or cute windows with window boxes.  Just the occasional roof.





1 comment:

  1. You need to go to Swarthmore. Lots of old houses with old occupants. DD

    ReplyDelete