Saturday, May 29, 2010

AND MORE CLASS PHOTOS...

The next assignment is to photograph Office Art...Ok, so how can you photograph paper clips?  I struggled for about 1 minute, then I just started emptying my drawer.  I found wonderful photos with things I use everyday.  I took about 50 photos.  Some were very successful, some not so much.  Here are the best and one of the worst.



Look Familiar?  That's right STAPLES!

I had some fun lining them up and slanting them into a 45 degree angle.  Then I started shooting, holding a red envelope next to them to get some color into them.  I liked this effect.



Keyboard, of course.

You can't not shoot your keyboard.  Again I held the red envelope up there to give some dimension tot he keys and make them stand out.



VIOLET CDs...


OK, I resorted to photoshop on this one.  Had fun playing around with the flash on the CDs.  Then I added some violet color to make them sparkle.




MOUSE PAD

Just to add some color, I shot my mouse pad.  I liked the carpety texture and loved the colors.  Can you just look at these photos and imagine that they are office supplies?  This was a great exercise.

I did have one moment of creative bliss...I made a gold paper clip necklace and shot it on a black velvet jeweler's stand, but I just don't have the knowledge to do this as professionally as I'd like to.  I didn't submit if as class work, but here it is.  I thought it was a clever idea, but couldn't pull it off.  Some day I will be able to!



GOOD CONCEPT...BAD RENDITION

Better days are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment