Monday, July 19, 2010

Photomontages

The reason I haven't been posting, I'm in an online class by a gal from Oregon, Carol Leigh.  She is a magnificent teacher.  I can't say enough good things about her.  She is caring and offers gentle criticism of our work so that we can learn and grow.  I've really learned an extreme amount from her these past few months.  (I'm on my third class.) 


Here are a couple of the photomontages that I have made in the class.  




Clematis Leaf




Quail on our wall in Arizona with the
Superstition Mountains in the background




Carol gave us these crows on a white background
and asked to see what we could do with them.





Composed of a photo of a tree from our yard,
a picture of the crack in our breezeway floor,
and a California Condor being chased by
ravens at the Grand Canyon.  Isn't it cool?





Those darned crows again.  




The man is my great grandfather, the orange lines are from a picture of a parasol lying on its side, the crows are shifted to align with the parasol,  the circle is a carving from a tombstone from the Steve Gottleib workshop, and the bottom right corner is an eagle medal my son won in the German Armed  Forces military olympic style competition.  Oh, yes, and the writing comes from a "fan" letter I received from a concert that I did while a senior in high school. (Who keeps these things?)  This class has been one of the funnest things I've done.  I've really learned lots.  

Thanks Carol Leigh.  You are the best!








No comments:

Post a Comment