Monday, July 18, 2011

THE LENS BABY

I am NOT the Lens Baby.  Just thought I'd get that right out there in case there was any question.

The Lens Baby is a new lens that I treated myself to this past spring because I'd been such a good, good girl.  I have yet to learn to use it.  It's quite difficult to find the "sweet spot" and make great photos, so I am taking a course on Lens Baby.

 In this past week I have taken over 90 shots.  Approximately 80 of which were not in focus.  For my assignment I had to turn in 3 photos that I really liked.  I was lucky enough to have had 3 photos I really liked.  So here they are...  If you double click on the photos they will enlarge.  Arrow back to get back to the page.


The Bee



The Butterfly Bush


Tiny Baby Pinecones


If you look closely, you can see the image around the "sweet spot" is blurred.  This is the intention.  

Since I needed some flowers, and everything in my yard is dead, I had to depend on the kindness of neighbors for my specimens.  I was in our next door neighbor's yard so many times I was beginning to feel like a stalker, so I drove to the next town to a friend's house for some of these.   

This is going to take some practice.  Maybe by the time the class is over, I'll be an expert of finding the "sweet spot".  Then again...

I got some really good comments on the first and third photos.  The second one, not so much.  I agree with the instructor, it has too much contrast and the dark background doesn't enable you to see the Lens Baby effect.  But I had 80 others that were from Blursville.  This is harder than it looks.  They all looked in focus on the camera, but as soon as they hit the computer - Blursville.  But I WILL MASTER THIS!!!  As God is my witness, I will find that "sweet spot" and run with it.

Gotta' run.  Next lesson is in.  I'm off to perfect my skills.  Yada, yada, yada....


HOW WE SUFFER FOR OUR ART!

No comments:

Post a Comment