Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Lights at Longwood Gardens

I can't begin to tell you how long I have been wanting to photograph the Christmas lights at Longwood.  I went a few years back and was not allowed to bring in my tripod.  You just can't do it without a tripod at night.  Then I saw a CLASS at Longwood, specifically on photographing the lights.  I went to sign up, immediately, but the class was full.  I waited another year and tried to sign up for the November class in June.  Class was full by June, so I wait listed.  No dice.  The next year, the class was not offered.  I was so disappointed.  When last years catalog came out in November 2013, I saw the class and immediately signed up, a year in advance.  Phew! Made it.  Now I just had to wait a year.

Well, it was worth the wait.  The class (maybe 15 people) started at 4PM.  After a 1/2 hour briefing, we were sent out on our own to do our thing.  I got to meander the gardens alone, in the dark, lit only by the Christmas lights and an occasional lamp post.  No crowds to get in your way.  It was wonderful.  And I did end up getting a Christmas card out of it.


GAZEBO AT LONGWOOD



WAITING FOR NIGHT FALL




FOURTH OF JULY




MAIN STREET



MAIN STREET W/O STREET LIGHTS



REFLECTIONS



WHITE LIGHTS




FOCUS, MAN.  FOCUS!



MULTI COLORED LIGHTS



STUCK IN THE PINES



TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT


CHINESE LANTERNS




CHAIN FOREST


RIDE THE LENS


JUST A SCHMEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment